The 13 bedded Dialysis Unit with State-of-the-art machines offers comprehensive medical care for patients suffering from end-stage renal disease and acute renal failure. The Unit is situated on the 1st floor of the KMC Building at Masina hospital & it functions in three shifts for patient care. Our team of skilled nephrologists and trained dialysis staff use a multidisciplinary approach to diagnose, treat, and manage patients. Asepsis is strictly maintained and monitored.
Hemodialysis: About 16 machines for hemodialysis, except that in medical, Burns and Cardiac ICUs we are doing Dialysis as per requirement.
Peritoneal dialysis: Counselling, patient acceptance, options for manual or automated peritoneal dialysis and training for the same are provided with help of a special team.
Vascular access: Patients opting for long term hemodialysis are evaluated for their vascular access, and if having a problem, evaluated by a special team of vascular access specialist. This includes Nephrologists, vascular surgeon and interventional radiologist, Plasmapheresis, CRRT.
We also cater to patients for dialysis from Central Railways, Mumbai.
TREATMENT AND PROCEDURES
- Acute renal failure
- Chronic renal failure
- Acute and chronic nephritis
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Reno vascular hypertension
- Collagen disorders involving the kidneys
- Hemodialysis for acute and chronic renal failure patients, drug overuse etc.
- Plasmapheresis for renal or non-renal cases
- Rigorous precautions are taken with patients suffering from Hepatitis-B, C and HIV and dialysis for such patients is done on separate machines with single-use kits.
- Fresenius machines for patients with multi-organ failure
- Separate machine for HsBAg, HCV and HIV patients